Laboratory Manager Job
Position : Laboratory Manager
Salary £35K to £45K pa
Reporting directly to the Technical Director this position is responsible for managing the pharmaceutical laboratory, ensuring we deliver excellence in quality and turnaround to our customers.
- Ensure compliance and integrity of laboratory work to deliver results to our customers within agreed timelines
- Ensuring procedures, methods, protocols and reports are implemented as required
- Maintain a GMP compliant laboratory
- Train, coach and mentor laboratory team and provide technical support and advice when required
- Highlight potential issues quickly and take steps to resolve in a timely manner. Report to all interested parties clearly and concisely.
- Responsible for laboratory safety, ensuring all laboratory activity is carried out in a accordance with company safety policy.
- Prepare monthly reports of performance of department for senior management.
- Involvement in internal and external audit teams
- Supervising staff
To succeed in the role you will have the following capabilities:-
You will have experience working in pharmaceutical laboratories and be a dynamic and enthusiastic team leader. You will be an experienced technical manager, ensuring experimental work is conducted and managed in accordance with cGMP
You will be proficient in organising a busy laboratory while maintaining a supportive and professional working environment. You will be able to inform and direct interested parties on all matters relating to laboratory operations
Qualifications & Experience:-
- •Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or a related discipline
- •Good documentation skills
- •Effective communication and relationship management skills
- •Strong organisational skills alongside excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- •Highly computer literate, e.g. Microsoft Office.
- •Well-developed understanding of GMP systems and processes
- •Candidates must be eligible to reside and work in the UK
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Performance bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme